Tomorrow is Christmas, so I will most likely be off in giftland, i. e. intensely staring my family down into enjoying what I picked out for them. I wanted to do something sort of Christmas-y for this Christmas Eve, so I searched the powers of the gift-giving Internet and I found this over on Sam’s Nonsense Booktube and thought it looked enjoyable. Shall we get to the tag to be all Christmas-y?
1) Anticipation: The Christmas excitement is real, what book release(s) are you most anticipating?
Throw Your Arm Across Your Eyes and Scream by Christian McKay Heidicker
Ever since I’ve started the descent in Godzilla major love and madness, I keep thinking about this book and hoping and praying to the book gods that it has Godzilla mentioned in this somewhere and lots of Godzilla name drops and Godzilla sightings. SO MANY FINGERS CROSSED. Plus, it sounds so ridiculously cool. 1940s and 1950s monsters are alive and kicking in this universe with the main character’s mom being the gal that King Kong took on a ride to the top of the Empire State? I’m more than ready for this book.
2) Christmas Songs & Carols: What book or author can you not help but sing it’s praises?
Marissa Meyerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Even though I didn’t super enjoy Renegades, I still can’t even say anything bad about it really because I love her dearly. So many hearts.
3) Gingerbread Houses: What book or series has wonderful world building?
A Darker Shade of Magic by V. E. Schwab
Not only did Schwab create one cool world – the lady did FOUR unique ones that were all intriguing and epic. SO much world building and talented ones.
4) A Christmas Carol: Favorite classic or one that you want to read
Oscar Wilde to both! My favorite is The Importance of Being Earnest, and I’m eager to try out more of his.
5) Christmas Sweets: What book would you love to receive for Christmas
Any? XD There are far too many books I’ve been eyeing recently, but I’m going to go with more Rick Riordan books, because I need more of it in my life.
6) Candles in the Window: What book gives you that warm fuzzy feeling
The Summer I Became a Nerd by Leah Rae Miller
It’s just so cute and adorable and I will never get over it.
7) Christmas Trees & Decorations: What are some of your favorite book covers?
8) Christmas Joy: What are some of your favorite things about Christmas And/Or some of your favorite Christmas memories?
My favorite thing about Christmas is gifts – not for myself but gifting to others. I love, love, love, picking out gifts for people and watching as they open them. It gives me so much excitement. And the Christmas cards. I love themmmmmmmmmmm.