Lookie, lookie, I’m actually doing an award tag I had promised to do ages ago. How excited are we?? Not very? Well, I am, and if I could figure out how to put a gif in here, they would be too. Oh, imagine, all the princess fun we could have in gif form. :O So very thrilling.
I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by three lovely bloggers: The Book Cover Girls, Quirky and Peculiar, and Lucinda is reading…! Each of them have wonderful blogs filled with great book recommendations and review – plus some other bookish fun. Make sure to check them out on the links above, and thank you again, ladies!!
- Display the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger that nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Share 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 10 bloggers for the award and provide links to their blog.
- I used to be a YA writer – not published or anything, but I was actually on two different writing websites (including…dun dun dun, Wattpad, which either gets so much love or so much hate XD). I say used to be because school made me question a lot of my creative writing abilities and now I’m kind of flailing about. I have a lot of cool ideas occasionally, but I can’t motivate myself to actually write them. I’ve resigned myself to being a YA reader for now instead of a struggling writer. Also, I did get kind of burnt out when someone stole my story on Wattpad. -_-
- One of my all time favorite princesses isn’t a Disney princess, and I feel so guilty. Like, there is actual guilt. But she’s so fierce and epic and the music in it is insanely brilliant. It’s also morbid and creepy as heck for little ones, but SO good. Can you guess which one?
- I used to be a hugeeeee TV addict, but since starting this book blog, I actually have cut down on literally almost all the shows that I used to watch. Nothing really interests me anymore except for a select few shows, because I’m too busy being drawn into the world of books. I’ve traded in one addiction for another.
- I have a weird relationship with used books. Like, I LOVE the deals on them, but I’m insanely picky about how they look. I’m a slight germophobe, so if it looks like it has weird stains or smell, I’m so out. And broken/creased spines? Yup, out again. SO I buy almost all my books new…which my bank account hates me for.
- Lately, I’ve been crying over fast food commercials. I don’t even know what’s going on anymore, but fast food commercials have been bringing in the realness and I get all misty eyed. I didn’t get cry in The Fault in Our Stars but I almost shed some real tears over a McDonalds commercial the other day.
- I’m usually ridiculously late to the hype party – books, TV, movies, etc. I think I finally watched Stranger Things two months ago, and I’m still so behind on some of the biggest hyped books (hello, Throne of Glass). I’m not even a real hipster. D:
- And last but certainly not least…I reached 400 followers earlier this week, and then somehow yesterday 420. :O I don’t know how, but I want to thank each one of you that takes the time to read these rambling posts, raves over some books and princesses with me, or clicked that Follow button. You gals and guys are the best, and I never thought that I would have gotten to this point. I would have been impressed with 100 by now, but 420 is unreal. So I’m just going to sit here and not throw an epic Princess freakout (i.e. flinging myself on the nearest bed/rock and having a good cry…I’m already doing that at fast food commercials). Thank you so much again, and I really can’t say it enough.
Soooo…tagging/nominating time!! Not sure who still does them, so I’m just grabbing a random assortment of some of my followers and of course, feel free not to do it.
Book Wonderland / The Book-Filled Day / The Book Crunch / Whispers of Thoughts / Past Bedtime Blog / YA Guitarist / Sarah @ Reviews & Read-A-Thons / Books Coffee Cats / KuehlerBookStop / twistedreader /
These were just a few I could think of randomly, but if you’re interested in doing the tag, please do…although warning: seven facts about yourself is insanely hard to do. XD Also, I’m going to probably get on doing my tags soon, and if you enjoy doing tags, please let me know! Thanks again!
Don’t forget: tomorrow is the first day for The Princesses Read! I can’t wait for you to see what Tiana would be reading. She’s got a fabulous selection so far!