thank you to the amazing Crystal @ Paper Royalty for tagging us for it . . . last year, but we missed it last time around, so better late than never? if you know the creator of this tag, please let us know in the comments.
1) What fictional character do you want Santa to leave under your Christmas tree?
Mandy: Carswell Thorne, please and thank youuuuuuuuuuu.
Sha: Isabelle from Stepsister, so we can have a long chat about how to kick the patriarchy without abandoning our ideals.
2) What character do you want to kiss under the mistletoe?
Mandy: Meh. I would want a dinner first. Can we have a hug instead? tOO muCH pressure. But I would take a hug from the lovely Thorne up above.
Sha: Ew. I’ll follow in Mandy’s steps and request a dinner instead. A nice three courses (that means dessert included right?) sounds good!
3) You write your Christmas list for Santa, what are the top 5 books on it?
Mandy: Paola Santiago and the River of Tears; Clap When You Land; The King of Crows (The Diviners, #4); Ghost Squad; & The Falling in Love Montage
Sha: I’m in such a mood read vibe right now that I don’t even have five books on my list right now. How about time to finish five books?
4) It’s secret santa at Hogwarts, what do you most want to receive?
Mandy: Ummmmmm, I’m not quite sure. I don’t know anything about Harry Potter. Maybe a wand? A wand sounds good. So I can, like, do magical things? IDKKKK.
Sha: Can I get some floo powder? Does that work for muggles or am I assuming for this question that, since it’s “at Hogwarts” I’m a wizard? Either way. Floo powder.
5) You get to the spend the day with the characters and movie adaptation actors from one fandom, what do you pick?
Mandy: Shadow of Bone/Six of Crows. JUST GIMME ALL THE SPOILERS, Y’ALL.
Sha: Just all the crew from the Netflix adaption of A Series of Unfortunate Events thank you!
6) What fictional animal would you like to replace Rudolph and be able to meet on your roof?
Mandy: Mushu from Mulan. Dishonor on your reindeer.
Sha: Kovu from The Last Namsara. I one up your Mushu.
7) You invite 10 fictional characters to your new years eve party, who do you pick?
Mandy: Cress & Thorne, Ismae & Duval, Kaz & Inej, Mr. Kent from These Vicious Masks, and Nik, Ella, and Hanna from Gemina.
Sha: My memory is too weak for such questions!! Mariko from Smoke in the Sun, Asha from The Last Namsara, Tash from Tash Hearts Tolstoy, Shazi from The Wrath and the Dawn, Isabelle from Stepsister, Elizabeth from The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein and Hannah from A Danger to Herself and Others. Maybe less partying and more deep talks about inner strength, mental health, and tackling personal demons.
8) What character would make a good santa (Doesn’t have to be appearance, personality counts too)?
Mandy: Cress – I think that she really cares about everyone and would pay attention to the little details. Plus, she would get so excited to give the presents.
Sha: Kringle! I’m cheating but Kringle from the same-named book literally becomes Kris Kringle. Aha.
we tag everyone who asked for a book as a gift this year!
3 thoughts on “All I Want for Christmas (tag)”
I’d pick Thorne too for the first and second question, or maybe Nikolai Lantsov? Floo powder would be awesome but I bet I’d sneeze every time 😂 Great tag!