One thing I have never gotten tired of in the blog world? Awards and tags. It’s such a fast and fun way to get to know the interesting people behind the book reviews I love to read. Not to mention how fun they are to answer!
This time, Mandy and I get to say thanks to Rhea over at bookchantedblog.wordpress.com for nominating us for the Liebster Award. She provided super fun questions aannd answered really cool ones herself (so be sure to check them out!).
- Link to Global Aussie’s Award blog post. Comment with a link to your Award post. And put the official Liebster Award stamp on your blog.
- Acknowledge and link to the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions your nominator asked.
- Nominate 11 more bloggers and spread the ‘new blogger’ love.
- Ask them 11 fun questions of your own.
- Let them know on their blogs that you have nominated them.
- Where is your ideal place for a vacation?
SHA: Somewhere with minimal people, a lot of nature, and sun. Much sun. I don’t need an exotic location, just somewhere I can crash and get a lot of relaxing in!
MANDY: Europe. Or a place with some really good bookstores. Maybe some really good bookstores in Europe???
- A bookish trope that people dislike but is your guilty pleasure.
SHA: Uh, that’s hard. I think tropes are tropes for a reason — people like them! I would say the enemies to lovers trope, but I’m particular about how it’s executed. Like, the enemies can’t actually be *mean* to each other (they can just have misconceptions) and when they become lovers they can’t just start a hate-love thing. That annoys me too.
MANDY: Oh, um. I’m usually pretty good with tropes, but it just depends on how they’re handled. Probably the best friends to lover? Because I do love a good friendship and some feels.
- A bookish trope you DESPISE and why.
SHA: Boy-next-door and girl-next-door type stuff drives me insane. I see that on a book and I instantly hate the book, I’m sorry. Things like “Jenna is your typical girl and Brody is SUPER HOT will they fall in love?” I hate it hate it hate it. So much of the book ends up having Jenna be like “omigosh I’m not worrrthyyy” and Brody being like “babe.”
MANDY: The jerky, standoffish guy who turns out to have a heart of gold – which is usually why I can’t usually do enemies to lover trope. If a guy is being a jerk to the MC, I’m usually checked out because I’m not about to fall in love with a man just because he’s ~complicated~ and ~intense~ and decides to take out his moodiness this way. I like my love interests unjerky.
- Favourite food?
SHA: Spaghetti but also Vietnamese and Korean foods like my mouth is drooling.
MANDY: Fried chicken.
- Three books you would sacrifice to save the world.
SHA: Does this mean books I don’t mind burning in the fiery pits of the underworld? I lowkey want to skip this question because yes, I have books I hate so much because of 1) downright questionable handling of sensitive topics and 2) poor writing/plot structure BUT. BUT. I feel it’s one thing to write up a one star review (and show all my reasons) and another to just say “this book is so bad I don’t mind if it doesn’t exist.”
MANDY: Um, um, um, can I just give some books that I totally hate so I can just skate by? Or do they have to be beloved ones??? So many questions within the question.
- Favourite band/musical artist.
SHA: I can’t have favourites, there are too many different styles. I will forever love Avicii (Tim Bergling), he always lifted my spirits when I felt crappy. ❤
MANDY: Bastille. Bastille. Bastille. I don’t understand how Dan Smith does it, but I only don’t like, like, one song of theirs out of their robust catalogue of songs.
- Your favourite part of blogging.
SHA: Co-blogger posts with my bestie Mandy! I have the best time planning them out and cackling over shared love of good (and bad) books.
MANDY: ^^^^^^^^^ So much this. Also, the book community in general since I’ve had some of the best conversations.
- Your least favourite thing about blogging.
SHA: Formatting. I love how it looks at the end, but adding in links, and making sure things are centered, takes foooreeeverrr.
MANDY: How time consuming it issssssssssssssss. So. Much. Time.
- What is your current favourite and least favourite tv show?
SHA: Current favourite TV show is Bachelor in Paradise. It reminds me that no matter how much drama is in my life … there is no drama in MY life hahaha. I just need that show to ground me. Current least fave is Bull, which I’m not watching anymore, but checked it out a few months ago and COULD. NOT. STAND.
MANDY: I honestly don’t watch as much TV as I used to. There are barely any shows that make me go out of my way to make me watch it. There are really about only 3 main shows that I get really excited to watch and they’re Live PD, Stranger Things, and this Netflix show, Dark.
- If you were stuck on an island with only three books, which ones would you want with you?
SHA: I would want Stuart Turton’s “The Seven and a Half Deaths of Evelyn Hugo” because you can read that book ten times and still find more clues and hidden meanings. “The Forbidden Game” by L.J. Smith because I just remembered I owned that and it’s a massive tome, so if I read that slowly it will take me, what, seven hours? And maybe “Lord of the Flies” by William Goulding, to encourage me to get drastic should the need arise…
MANDY: Winter by Marissa Meyer because it’s the largest book and I’ll get all my Cresswell feels, Grave Mercy so I can be strong like Ismae, and A Map of Wrecked Girls so I can learn how to survive on said island.
- Fondest memory of school.
SHA: Ew. School. I liked the parts where I decorated my agenda.
MANDY: Scholastic. Book. Fairs.
MY QUESTIONS TO YOU!
- Where is the last place you travelled to (that took more than two hours)?
- What is the last book you read that made you laugh so hard your stomach hurt?
- What is a book you loved … but are sometimes ashamed to admit you read?
- How long does it usually take you to finish a book?
- How many pictures do you have on your phone? What kind of photos are they?
- Do you write reviews for every book you read? Why or why not?
- What is your favourite thing to snack on?
- Do you believe in symbols/portents of good luck?
- Could you go a day without your phone? Computer?
- What is a surprising thing you did?
- What is your pet peeve?
Are there questions up there that you would want to answer? Any answers that you share? Let’s discuss!