Oh, August. I wasn’t a particular fan of you. I slumped hard this month with blogging and then I put myself into a funk where I didn’t even want to touch books. So, this girl that usually binge reads loads actually had a tame book reading month. A lot of real life stuff caught up to me, and it was curl in a ball for this princess. A broken laptop was the cherry on top for it all! So shall we see what I actually managed to do??? 13 books, actually which is actually a lot better than what I thought it was, but still not my usual book princessness.
- Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
- The Phantom Tower by Keir Graff
- The Cheerleaders by Kara Thomas
- Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst (audiobook)
- The Bigfoot Files by Lindsay Eagar
- Keeper of the Bees by Meg Kassel
- The Horse and His Boy by C. S. Lewis (audiobook)
- Uncharted by Erin Cashman
- Afterimage by Naomi Hughes
- The Freedom Trials by Meredith Tate
- Prince Caspian by C. S. Lewis (audiobook)
- The X-Files: Fear
- Home and Away by Candince Montgomery
Eh, there wasn’t too many highs this month. There were no favorites to be added. The Bigfoot Files was the highest of the books with 5 crowns, but there were a few 4 crowns and a lot of three crowns. Of Fire and Stars, Between Shades of Gray, and the Phantom Tower fell into the four crown territory.
There were a lottttttttttttttt of lows. And what wasn’t lows? Was totally eh’s. So many eh’s. Uncharted and Afterimage were probably the worst of the month. The former was a one crown with the latter being a two crown. The rest fill into 2 or 3 crowns. The Cheerleaders might have been the most disappointing since that totallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy fell below my expectations which I had such high high hopes for.
It was quite the tame book month. Apparently I had a lot in July, so my wallet needed a break especially when I see alllllllllllllll the books I want for September. Trust me, there are gonna be a lot since I think I have 4 preordered for just the same DAY.
- The Truth Lies Here by Lindsey Klingele
- City of Ghosts by Victoria Schwab (because, duh)
- Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief: Illustrated Edition (omg it’s gorgeoussssssss)
- Disney Princess Comic Strip Collection (Issues #1 – 17 because I never play games when it comes to getting all of my princesses)
What else has Mandy been up to?
Eh, it’s been a mess, so lol, shall we hard pass this section. But a basic summary: stress in my life caused me blogging slump which put me into reading slump and then I discovered Spotify so that put me into an audiobook slump and then my laptop broke and then like, Idk????? I discovered there are such things as princess comic strips, so at least there’s that??????
I finally got a new laptop, so hopefully all is good now…until the next meltdown. It’s kind of a bit slow, but let’s see how it goes.
I will be participating in a readathon that BPR created this month! I wanted a month of alllllll the spooky books so I could fully prepare myself for Halloween. So, Sha and I teamed up to put our Disney book blogging minds together and created the Nightmare Before Book Princess Reviews readathon where we read spooky-ish books based on Nightmare Before Christmas prompts. Find out more about it here and check out my TBR here!
What do you think? Did we share any of the same books this month? What was on your month of books? What is on your September TBR? Let’s discuss in the comments below!