I would like to thank the wonderful Kate @ Melting Pots and Other Calamities for tagging me for this one!! Kate is always so wonderful and coming up with some great things including tags like this, amazing webtoon recommendations, her own great writing, and reviews! I love how she decided to shine some light on some underrated female heroes, but we always need more more more female empowerment. Make sure to click on the link below to check out more of her blog!!
- Please PINGBACK to me at Kate @ Melting Pots and Other Calamities. Or just Kate. And PINGBACK TO A SPECIFIC POST OF MINE. I won’t see the post otherwise, and I’d like to see it.
- Answer the questions.
- Choose female characters from books, movies, TV, anime, Webtoons, etc.
- Tag as many people as you want, but at least one person.
- Have fun!
1. Name a heroine you like, but whom you feel is always overshadowed by the male characters in the story:
Juliet! She really got overpowered by the two strong male leads in this story. I felt like she was just there because they were just so strong.
2. For that matter, name a heroine whom you feel is always overshadowed by the other female characters in the story:
Dayton from Undead Girl Gang! I loved her random butt so much, but she really was overpowered by the rest of the other excellent gang. She wasn’t meant to shine fully, but she shone for me!
3. Name a character who had potential but was greatly underutilized in her story.
I feel like our lead, Ana, was really underutilized in her own story. I feel like she was just kind of there and never got to the full potential that she had in her book. I wanted sooooo much more from her, and I ended up liking one of the guys more than her, which totally hurt my female empowerment I wanted from this.
4. Name a female character who you either find better in her book than her movie, find better in her movie than her book, or whose portrayals you find equal:
I literally DNFed this book so fast, but I really enjoyed the movie version of it. The MC – I seriously forgot her name – was SO much more likeable and interesting in the movie version than the book.
5. Name a character who you want more backstory on:
Cressida from It’s Not Me, It’s You by Stephanie Kate Strohm. She’s the cliche snarky smart girl, but she makes these hilarious quips. I totally wanted her to have her own story to bring all the wit and sass.
6. Name a character with traits you feel are sadly overlooked by everyone:
Reyna!!! She’s totally a force of nature and just full of so much heart and strength. I absolutely adored each chapter that she had in this last book – but that was it. It was just the last book she was, and I feel like nobody else fangirls about her!
7. Name a morally grey character. (Villain or anti hero!)
I feel like both of heroines in this novel were quite morally gray, but I’ve seen a lot of reviews that people really aren’t into Eliana, who I felt kicked so much butt.
8. A character you’re stunned isn’t more famous:
Ismae! I love her so much, and I seriously go on forever about how strong and wonderful she is. I definitely am still surprised there is not much more love for her out in the YA world.
9. A character from a piece of fiction you’re amazed isn’t more famous
So so so many more ladies out there in a fiction world that deserve the recognition! Can’t we just all make them household names???
What do you think? What are some of your answers for this? What are some underrated females that you know? Let’s discuss in the comments below!