This month has been…I guess a good one? I”m really not sure what it’s been, but I can tell you that I planned none of these books and they ended up being okay. I rediscovered my local library, and I’m pretty sure I just took out like 10 – 12 books the other day at the library??? OOPS, but also SO MANY NEW BOOKS FOR MANDY TO BINGE READ.
I read a total of 12 books this month.
- Exit, Pursued by a Bear by EK Johnston (audiobook)
- A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J Maas
- Paranormalcy by Kiersten White (buddy read with Sha)
- The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice & Virtue by Mackenzi Lee (audiobook)
- The Life and Death Parade by Eliza Wass (DNF)
- The Wrong Train by Jeremy de Quidt
- Romeo and Juliet: A Chooseable-Path Adventure by Ryan North
- Not if I Save You First by Ally Carter
- Ten After Closing by Jessica Bayliss
- Bring Me Their Hearts by Sara Wolf
- The Prince and the Dressmaker by Jen Wang
- It’s Not Me, It’s You by Stephanie Kate Strohm (audiobook)
- The Pros of Cons by Alison Cherry, Lindsay Ribar, and Michelle Schusterman
- Pivot Point by Kasie West (buddy read with Sha)
I actually had a lot of books that came super close to being total favorites???? Like, what is this madness? It’s so rare that I have books that are five crowns anymore – it’s usually favorites or Mandy Madness, so I am super shocked that I ended up being so so close to this???? The top 4 of the month are Bring Me Their Hearts, The Prince and the Dressmaker, It’s Not Me, It’s You, and The Pros of Cons. Alllllllllll sooooooooo close to getting their very own princess train, but got the lovely Tiana instead. Other great reads were Ten After Closing and The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice & Virtue.
Eh, there was kind of a lot of lows. Everything else was just kind of – okay, totally, EH. The biggest disappointments? Okay, probably Pivot Point since it was DOWNGRADED from being a favorite to a solid 3 crowns of me going eh eh eh. Mandy totally lost an elusive favorites book, and I’m pretty sure this buddy review is just going to be me crying. A Court of Frost and Starlight was major eh, and I’m not sure I’ll be continuing the series. And the rest? EH EH EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
Also The Astonishing Color of After, which sounds like literally the perfect book to get me my contemporary feels. I need my summer summer summer feels.
What else has Mandy been up to?
Eh, not too much. Work got super busy in the beginning in the month, and I lost some valuable lunch reading time. Lunch reading time = Grown Woman Binge Reading time, and alas, without it, I failed on my book game as well as I did. Cry me a river, right? LOL.
This month did bring the return of my blogging game, and I have inspirationnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn again. Seriously, I’m coming up with posts that has me actually excited????
I’m also in the middle of a binge watch of Riverdale season 2. I know the consensus is that the second season is horrible, and I know Sha told me it’s so bad, but I’m oddly enjoying it????? Like, I’m so invested, and NOW THIS IS MESSING UP MY READING GAME. Also, Cheryl Blossom is so much love. And I’m forever a Bughead shipper?????
I also started out The Complete Works of Oscar Wilde, which is bound to be the next book that I will pretend to be currently reading but really will just sit on my shelf for the next year. Let’s just get used to see Oscar’s purple face gazing at us from the side of the blog.
I just went to the library and took out a million books, so I have sooooooooo many options now, and I don’t know what to do with myself?????? Like, so much OOPS, but I’m just so excited for all the prospects of new books but, um, of course, I’m reading the books actually from my own collection. Let’s see what I actually will try and read?
- #MURDERTRENDING by Gretchen McNeil (eARC)
- Magnus Chase: The Hammer of Thor by Rick Riordan
- Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier (audiobook)
- Ace of Shades by Amanda Foody
- Date to Save by Stephanie Kate Strohm
- Undead Girl Gang by Lily Anderson
- Beauty and the Beast: Lost in a Book by Jennifer Donnelly
- Save the Date by Morgan Matson
What do you think? Did we have any of the same books for this month? Are we going to be reading any of the same books in June? What have you been up to this month? Let’s discuss in the comments below!