I would like to thank the wonderful Michaela @ Journey Into Books for tagging me for this one! She is always so sweet, and her blog is always full of great things. Fantastic reviews, fun favorite quotes, and tags just like this! Definitely check out her blog on the link above, because you’re going to enjoy it! Thanks so much again!
When I first saw the word test in there was like, oh crap, I’m going to fail. TAKING A TEST LIKE A GOOD LITTLE BOOK BLOGGER??? NO. I WILL FAIL. But this is a fun little tag that was a lot easier than an actual test.
- Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
- Answer the ten questions asked on this post.
- Nominate at least five people to do it also.
- Let your nominees know you nominated them.
TOP 3 BOOK PET PEEVES
OH NO. I feel so much pressure when I see top 3 questions. I’m all like, WAIT NO, IDK. I KNOW NOTHING, MANDY BOOK PRINCESS.
PERFECT READING SPOT
Quiet and comfy! I’m good with anything that has a squishy chair and I can focus on the book. I usually do it on my couch.
THREE READING CONFESSIONS
- I skim. If I don’t do it if I’m enjoying the book, but if it gets too boring or I’m really not feeling the book, I skimmmmmmm. So book taboo, so don’t tell on me????
- I always have to flip through the book and read a few sentences from the random parts I find. I’m usually looking for parts that will help me figure out who the love interest is since I hate rooting for the wrong person (thanks, Red Queen), and I usually spoil myself and create some weird deja vu moment when I actually read it in the story and go, OMIGOSH, AM I PSYCHIC, WHERE HAVE I READ THIS BEFORE? Literally, in this book, Mandy, literally in the book.
- I’m super picky about the way a book looks and smells – meaning I rarely get used books. If it doesn’t look like mint condition and has no weird funky smell (I’m one of the few bookworms that hates old book smell), then I might think about it if I don’t freak myself out thinking about all the people that have touched this book.
LAST TIME I CRIED DURING A BOOK
Probably A Short History of the Girl Next Door by Jared Reck. I might have shed, like, one tear. Which means it is pretty sob-worthy.
NUMBER OF BOOKS ON MY BEDSIDE TABLE
Lol, like a lot, okay? XD Usually I have at least two physical books I’m actively reading so they will be to the side and if there are any books I think are on deck or I just got in the mail, they’re there too. So maybe like an average of 2 – 6?
FAVORITE READING SNACK
Noneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. BOOKS MUST BE PRETTY.
THREE BOOKS I’D RECOMMEND TO ANYONE
- The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
- Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
A PICTURE OF MY BOOKSHELVES
I have literally books in a million different places because I don’t actually have any bookshelves, so I think we would have far too many pictures here. Here’s a princess figurine with some books and we can just call it a book day?? XD
HOW MUCH DO BOOKS MEAN TO ME?
A lot. I read books for enjoyment and escape. I can watch TV or a movie, but it’s not the same. I can’t dive into a person’s head and see into their world and drop all of the day’s drama or boringness like I can in a book. I used to want to be a writer, but being a reader is far more rewarding for me since it’s mostly all joy instead of stress. I’M TRYING NOT TO BE A SAP HERE, SO THIS WILL BE IT.
BIGGEST READING SECRET
…I DON’T REALLY LOVE CARSWELL THORNE. Lol, I’m not sure. I don’t think I keep any book secrets from everyone. I lay myself pretty bare on here.
…Mandy forgot to come back and tag people so imma leave this blank and feel free to tag yourself. OOPS.