February was oddly one of the best reading months that I’ve had in, like, ever? I read so many four and five crown reads that even Goodreads was, like, girl, I’m impressed so I’m going to make your dismal average rating on here a .01 better. Round of applause, everyone? I read a total of 16 books this month, which I mean, seems pretty good for only 28 days, but I did find myself dwindling due to real life situations. I COULD HAVE DONE BETTER?
- Wires and Nerve Vol. 1 by Marissa Meyer
- Princess Decomposia and Count Spatula by Andi Watson
- Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
- All We Can Do is Wait by Richard Lawson
- The Cruel Prince by Holly Black (DNF)
- Down and Across by Arvin Ahmadi
- The Demigod Files by Rick Riordan
- Nothing Left to Burn by Heather Ezell
- The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan
- Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young
- The Broken Girls by Simone St. James
- The Son of Neptune Graphic Novel
- The Assassin’s Blade by Sarah J Maas (DNF – to be picked up later)
- American Panda by Gloria Chao
The Best of the Month
As I said, there was actually quite a few really good reads that I read this month. I had quite a few four and five star reads.
Four crowns: Wires and Nerve Vol. 1 reread, Tiger Lily audiobook, Down and Across, Nothing Left to Burn, All We Can is Wait, and The Son of Neptune Graphic Novel.
Five crowns: The Blood of Olympus, Sky in the Deep, The Broken Girls, and American Panda
I know, I bet a few of you have completely fainted or can’t stop blinking your eyes at the screen, because this must not be real life???? When has Mandy ever done THIS well? NEVERRRRRRRRRR. Because she’s a picky little book hipster. There was just some great reads this month. My two favorites were Sky in the Deep and American Panda, which were fighting for a spot on the favorites shelf, and The Broken Girlssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. Omigosh, it was just as amazing as I thought it would be AND I STILL HAVEN’T STOPPED CRYING OVER IT. That review is going to be a fangirling mess. The Blood of Olympus was a great finale book, too, but I’m sad to be done with that series now.
The Worst of the Month
There was nothing really too terrible. I DNF’d two books, but they really weren’t for any reason other than I just wasn’t feeling it. I don’t think I could get into Assassin’s because I just didn’t feel connected with anyone enough to care. And The Cruel Prince…was maybe a little too cruel? IDK. The other books just got 3 crowns for me for just being okay.
February Book Haul
- Lol, the rest of Rick Riordan’s catalog because I’m trash for the man now
- Now a Major Motion Picture by Cori McCarthy (THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, SOURCEBOOKS BECAUSE I LOVED HER OTHER BOOK AND THIS SOUNDS SO GOOD AND I JUST WANT TO CRY BECAUSE THIS IS ONE OF MY MOST ANTICIPATED BOOKS)
- Daughter of the Siren Queen by Tricia Levenseller (yayayaayayayayayayayayay)
- Wires and Nerve Vol. 2 (um, why haven’t I read this yet?????)
- The Mortal Instruments Graphic Novel Vol. 1
So, I think I have a lot of reread plans for March, since I have two books that I’ve been eagerly waiting to come out but I kind of want to reread the previous books before them so I get the full impact??? I just want to bask in full knowledge since I’m super forgetful.
The For Sure’s
- These Vicious Masks + These Ruthless Deeds + These Vengeful Souls by Tarun Shanker and Kelly Zekas (literally one of my favorite series in YA right now even though I kind of always forget about it and it’s so underappreciated)
- Daughter of the Pirate King + Daughter of the Siren Queen by Tricia Levenseller
- Heart of Iron by Ash Poston
- Magnus Chase series by Rick Riordan
- My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent (will be doing something epic with Sha with this one)
- Wires and Nerve Vol. 2
- Now a Major Motion Picture by Cori McCarthy
- Truly Devious by Maureen Johnson
- The Belles by Dhonielle Clayton
- Speak Graphic Novel
- and so much more – I DON’T EVEN KNOW
I have so many different books that are floating around in my head right now. Since I’ve been doing a lot of rereads and Sha and I have been talking about a lot of the old reads we used to read together, I feel like I want to go back and reread a lot of the old stuff and see if I was super crazy for liking it (aka me going on a trash read because some of this stuff was sketch, sorry old me). But also I don’t have any concrete feels going on right now and no direction that I have to take since I got almost all my ARCs out of the way again except for just one. SO be prepared for so random stuff.
The Other Randoms
I gave a pretty big update the other day about all the randomness that is going on in my life. If you’re intrigued by the big things (lol BIG things by which I mean the totally lame things that are somehow big in my life), click here to find out more! Recap: I finished The X-Files, we did some changes, and Sha is running a new Facebook page.
I came down with some sort of sickness, too, on Monday, so I’m a bit of slow going with getting back to a few things, but I seem mostly better now. Thank you, holy power of Gatorade and binge watching the show Dark on Netflix. You have helped me immensely?
What do you think? What was your month like? Did we share any of the same reads? Do we share any of the same book for next month’s tbr? Let’s discuss in the comments below!