January started off with me trying to read as many books as I could to get my Goodreads goal off the ground, but it got a little bumpy in the middle and ended up on a high note. I’m super pleased with what I got accomplished, and I’m thinking 2018 might be off to a good reading start??? Fingers crossed. I read 17 books this month, and here’s what I read:
What Mandy Read
- Disney Princess Cookbook
- Sailor Moon Short Stories Vol. 1
- These Shallow Graves (DNF)
- Batman: Nightwalker by Marie Lu
- The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan
- Love, Hate, & Other Filters by Samira Ahmed
- The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan
- Wicked Charm by Amber Hart
- Pitch Dark by Courtney Alameda
- The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan
- The Prophecy by Lily Blake
- The Lightning Thief Graphic Novel
- Piper by Jay Asher
- The House of Hades by Rick Riordan
- #Prettyboy Must Die by Kimberly Reid
- The Mortal Instruments: Graphic Novel Vol. 1
- Things I Should Have Known by Claire LaZebnik
The Best of the Month
Well, there was nothing that really really really stuck out to me as the best of the month, and nothing achieved five crown status. But there were a few stories that I really did enjoy. I’ve been super enjoying The Heroes of the Olympus story with The Son of Neptune being my favorite so far.
I also am in super fangirl mode over Things I Should Have Known since I binge read it all when I should have been finishing this up. I also really enjoyed The Mortal Instruments Graphic Novel and Love, Hate, and Other Filters.
The Worst of the Month
There were a few bumps in the road. Most of my reads that weren’t these books were 2 or 3 crowns. Most things were just feeling a bit flat to me this month, and I’m not sure if it was me or the books. Pitch Dark didn’t work out the way I wanted it too, and #PrettyBoy Must Die got my first ever Pocahontas rating, so that could be interesting. Batman was kind of disappointing, too, when I was expected a bit more.
The Books Hauled in the Month
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas
- Percy Jackson’s Greek Gods by Rick Riordan
- Percy Jackson’s Greek Heroes by Rick Riordan
- The Lost Hero Graphic Novel by Robert Venditti (Goodreads Author) (Adapter), Rick Riordan (Goodreads Author) (creator), Nate Powell (illustrator)
- Hunted by Meghan Spooner
- Long May She Reign by Rhiannon Thomas
- The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan
- Down and Across by Arvin Ahmadi (thank you, Penguin!!!)
- All We Can Do is Wait by Richard Lawson (thank you, Penguin!!!)
- Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young (thanks to my return to Netgalley)
Thank you, Book Outlet, for having a bunch of books to continue my Riordan spiral and Hunted, which I’ve been eyeing for a while after enjoying it last year.
Well, I guess bigger things happened this month? This year started off on a curious note. I’ve gotten to be super productive on my blog content, I ADDED GRAPHICS???, and I’m finally seeming to be back after months of hiatusing on accident. So yay team?
We added the wonderful Sha to the Book Princess Reviews community, and her additions have just been everything I didn’t know we were missing?? Her makeup is amazinggggg, and she shares the same love of books as all of us, so I can’t wait to see what she has in store for the rest of us this year!
In real personal update news, I got a new job, that is more like a regular regular job than what I was doing. That means more strict hours for me and a long commute, so I’m not sure how this is going to go. It definitely might be putting a cramp in my blogging/reading style at some point, but I’m so excited since this is a job that is going to be a launching point in my career for what I wanted to do. Also, I’m giving audiobooks a try again so be on the lookout for a lot more reviews from them. And I’m in a graphic novel binge so definitely be prepared to see a lot of reviews coming about them in the next few months.
Alsooooooooooo, I’ve been finally getting officially caught up on The X-Files, SINCE IT IS BACK AND THE NEW EPISODES HAVE BEEN AMAZING AND I CAN’T HANDLE IT. By now, I will officially have been done (lol jk this was me being hopeful when writing this a week ago) so now I’ll be needing a new show to binge completely.
I’m still not quite doing an official TBR, since I don’t know what I’m doing half of the time with my reading. I’m still in the Riordan spiral, and I know I have a few new releases that is supposed to be hitting my doorstep. So, let’s see a few things that I will for sure be trying to read.
- Wires and Nerve: Gone Rogue by Marissa Meyer
- All We Can Do is Wait by Richard Lawson
- More Rick Riordan????
- The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan
- Down and Across by Arvin Ahmadi
- All We Can Do is Wait by Richard Lawson
- Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young
- Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
- The Cruel Prince by Holly Black
- and probably a lot more graphic novels now that I have seen how much I need to descend into this
- …and audiobooks a plenty.