The beginning of August seems like foreverrrrrrrrrrrrr ago. I can’t even say that the month went by fast because it seems like ages ago. Oops. Well, I think I had a pretty good month with reading 21 books despite the fact that I got stuck on one book for literally 18 days. Yet another August oops. Here’s what ended up reading this month!
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- The Dire King by William Ritter
- Black Bird of the Gallows by Meg Kassel
- The Big F by Maggie Martin
- The X Files: Agents of Chaos by Kami Garcia
- Not Now, Not Ever by Lily Anderson (review coming in mid September)
- Captain Guinevere by Clara Benet
- Yesternight by Cat Winters
- A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro (DNF)
- The Shadows We Know by Heart by Jennifer Park (DNF)
- The Summer I Became a Nerd by Leah Rae Miller
- Final Girls by Riley Sager
- Winter by Marissa Meyer audiobook
- Summoner by S. D. Grimm
- A Gathering of Shadows by V. E. Schwab
Manga / Graphic Novels
- Dramacon vols 1 -3 (SUPER cute and fun)
- A Wise Man Sleeps Vol. 2 (ehhhhhhhhh)
- Stepping on Roses (ehhhhhhhhhhhh)
- Nimona (super, super fun but got a bit repetitive after a while)
So, best reads of the month? Definitely my reread of The Summer I Became a Nerd. However, I did have some real winners this month and books that I super enjoyed. Agents of Chaos is quickly on the fast-track to move itself up to the favorites shelf, and of course, Winter, The Dire King, and A Gathering of Shadows hold a special place in my heart because they are so wonderful. They’re like super top star four crowns which is super odd.
Black Bird of the Gallows and Not Now, Not Ever were some of my most anticipated books of the year, but they ended up being not quite what I wanted to be. They were good in parts, but I think they had a bit more potential. Reviews are coming for both of them soon, and I definitely think you should still be keeping an eye out for them.
Low points of the month? Probably my 2 DNFs that I really thought would be some of my top reads this month. We had a super cool Sherlock retelling and the other Bigfoot book, and I totally failed with both of them. Final Girls was another disappointment as well.
Also, wow, this was the month of four crowns. Lots and lots of four crowns. I think I’m in a four crown streak? XD
What did you read this month? Did we read any the same? What was your best or worst book this month? Let’s discuss in the comments below.
I’m in this weird spot where I literally have no clue what I’m interested in nor what I want to dive into. I guess it will be true mood reading for most the month. So, my TBR will be…okay, it will literally be all the books that I’ve been approved for and what I’m currently reading now. So…we have a grand total of five books on my September TBR. Yay?
- A Conjuring of Light by V. E. Schwab
- Poison’s Kiss by Breeana Shields (Buddy reading with the wonderful Rendz @ Reading with Rendz)
- A Short History of the Girl Next Door by Jared Reck
- Breaking the Rules of Revenge by Samantha Bohrman
- Murder, Magic, and What We Wore by Kelly Jones
- Wonder Woman: Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo, I’m assuming. XD
I’m also thinking about starting possibly some of my fall books, so I’m hoping that I will have some great spooky, ghostie reads that will be coming super soon to this Book Princess Reviews. I CANNOT WAIT.