Oh, April. Thank goodness you are over, because my reading was taken down my real-life stuff. That’s right – real life finally caught up to me and ate a lot of my reading/blogging time. The beginning of May may be a little bit of a mess for me as well, but soon enough, I will be back to my regularly scheduled reading program. 😉
I read a grand total of….10 books this month. Er, 10. o.o That’s a bit low for the Book Princess. D: Very good in general, but low for the Book Princess. Oh dear. However, the month was still filled with book reviews, because I apparently was super behind on my March books. XD
Here are the books I read this month:
- A Crown of Wishes by Roshani Chokshi
- PS I Like You by Kasie West
- The Truth About Happily Ever After by Karole Cozzo (ARC Review)
- The Princess Bride Illustrated Edition by William Goldman
- Frogkisser! by Garth Nix
- One of Us Is Lying by Karen McManus (my review won’t be posted until June sadly but SO GOOD)
- The Great Good Thing by Robert Townley (won’t be reviewing)
- The Wishing Heart by JC Welker (review coming tomorrow!)
- First We Were IV by Alexandra Sirowy (review coming soon)
- Air and Ash by Alex Liddell (review coming 5/3)
Only one DNF book this month – can we talk about super yay? Although the book brought up some really negative emotions and made me go on a book rant soooooo…not yay anymore. v.v
Favorite reads of the month? Totally One of Us Is Lying, which was recently upgraded to the favorites shelf, and PS I Like You is probably a super close read. What’s super odd is this month was full of only four and five star reads, so it was really hard to pick the top ones. My luck was good even though I had some struggles with the quantity of books!
First We Were IV was also so deliciously creepy, and The Wishing Heart totally had me enthralled with the superb writing – so they have some honorable mentions here.
What was your April like? What books did you finish? Did we read any of the same ones? Let’s discuss in the comments below!
Oh, why do I even set TBRs? I’m not sure, since I always seem to fail. Let’s try, right? We’re going to try. D:
Here are some of the books that I’m eager to dive into this May:
- A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J Maas
- Cold Summer by Gwen Cole
- The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West
- Scarlet by Marissa Meyer (THE RE-READ IS FINALLY CONTINUING)
- The Diabolic by S. J. Kincaid (THIS WILL BE READ THIS WEEK)
- Dear Reader by Mary O’Connell (currently reading)
- The Best Kind of Magic by Crystal Cedari (currently reading)
- Soulmated by Shaila Patel
- Coming Up for Air by Miranda Kenneally
I am 200% sure this will be changing, because I mean, really, do we know me? Will I most likely breaking a buying ban with all the glorious books that are coming out in May and then want to read all her shiny new books? Will I go on a Netgalley binge now that I am pretty much caught up with all of mine? Will I get distracted by someone’s review and then dig through my books to finally find it, totally forgetting about all of this? The answer is most likely (YES, YES, AND MORE YES), but I tried?
What is on your TBR for this month? Do we have any of the same books? How well do you stick to your TBRs? Let’s discuss in the comments below!
Also, don’t forget that Calendar Girls has moved to Mondays now, so my choice will be up tomrorow – are you part of it yet? If not, click here to find out more!