So, you can say I had a good March book month, but I didn’t realize I did? Perhaps it was book denial that I managed to devour 16 books in March – almost none of them having been on my March TBR. Bad Book Princess, but the books that I totally deviated from ended up being amazing.
I ended up having a very weird collection of books in this month – full of super highs (two favorites added to the book hipster favorite shelf) but also quite a few 3 stars and DNFs. Shall we recap? No? Well, I shall anyway. The Princesses told me to.
- Distant Starless Nights by Myriam Ullens
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber (THAT’S RIGHT, I READ IT AFTER MONTHS AND MONTHS OF FANGIRLING)
- Bad Blood by Demitria Lunetta
- Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller
- Myths of Mish by Katie Hamstead
- Blood Rose Rebellion by Rosalyn Eves
- Geekerella by Ashley Polston
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas (I will be posting my follow-up to my first review here tomorrow along with my review for ACOMAF)
- A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas (review up tomorrow)
- Can’t Buy Forever by Susan Laffoon
- Illusions of Fate by Kiersten White (DNF) (review coming soon)
- The Rose & The Dagger by Renee Aldieh (review coming soon)
- The Names They Gave Us by Emery Lord (review coming a bit closer to release date)
- The Perfect Stranger by Megan Miranda (review coming Monday)
- Incriminating Dating by Rebekah L. Purdy
- Less Than Charming by Rebecca L. Demarest (review coming soon)
So, the ups of the month? Geekerella and Daughter of the Pirate King, for sure! They became the latest additions to my favorites shelf (and involved multiple princess trains), and I can’t stop fangirling over them. I’m still a mess over them. ACOMAF is totally up there as well, and I’m still in a massive book hangover from it. -_- It won’t go awayyyyyyy. Maybe why I’ve had a less than stellar reading grouping after that. Honorable mentions: Caraval and The Names They Gave Us.
The bad? This month there was a lot of books that I just disconnected with or couldn’t jam with. Some of my most anticipated reads like The Perfect Stranger and Blood Rose Rebellion? They fell flat for me. I loveeeeee Megan Miranda, but I was so disappointed that The Perfect Stranger fell less than par with her usual work. My two DNF’s were so mehhhhh for me and included lots and lots of rushing.
Overall, though, I can’t complain, because I managed to get two new favorites with ACOMAF teetering on being a third. I did have a rash of four and three stars, but I’m blaming it on my book hangover. Let’s hope April will knock a few more books off my TBR unlike this month.
What do you think? What did your March TBR look like? Did you read any of these books this month too? Let’s discuss in the comments below!
I try with my TBRs – I really do. However, I’m still a total mood reader, and it just depends on a book calling to me to get me to read it. I totally get distracted by a pretty cover. And guess what! I’ve finally caught up quite a bit with my Netgalley approvals. Are you impressed? I totally am, because for a while I was swamped by my clicking impulse. Let’s see what I might be trying to read this month?
- Duels and Deception by Cindy Antsey
- Uprooted by Naomi Novik
- A Crown of Wishes by Roshani Chokshi
- Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher (yesssss, I’m totally reading it so I can watch the Netflix show. Shame the book blogger begins now! XD)
- The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski
- The Shadow Queen by C. J. Redwine
- One of Us Is Lying by Karen McManus
- Frogkisser! by Garth Nix
- P. S. I Like You by Kasie West
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
And those are all the ones that I’m going to say for now because who knows what the month will bring. Seriously, I may go on another Netgalley binge or totally decide to go in a different direction…or totally go on a book haul binge that I totally don’t need to be doing. Who knows. 😄 And I totally don’t have enough fluffy contemporaries so I’m going to need to be changing that.
What am I most excited for? A CROWN OF WISHES. I’ve been waitttttting for this book since forever, and I literally can’t wait to get it and devour it. And I actually am reading Thirteen Reasons Why and The Shadow Queen based off of your recs!
What do you think? Are any of these books on your April TBR? What is on yours? Any thoughts on any of these books? Let’s discuss in the comments below!