Happy Tuesday, everyone! Tuesday = book day, and there are two book birthdays out today that I actually read and reviewed before the big day. Blood Rose Rebellion and Myths of Mish are out today, and you can click on the titles if you’re interested in seeing my thoughts on them on their birthday.
Now, onto the reason we’re here today – I was nominated for the second time for the Liebster Award by the wonderful Kester over @ LILbooklovers. Kester shares the blog with some wonderful blogging friends, and it is full of epic author interviews, great reviews, and so much more. Check out their blog here – it is so worth a look!
1. Thank the person who nominated you and answer the 11 questions they’ve written for you.
2. Nominate 11 people and give them 11 different questions to answer.
1. Have you ever read a book that made you cry? What was it?
I rarely cry over books. Occasionally, I might tear up a tiny bit, but I have never fully cried from a book. And I have no clue why since books play with my emotions all the time – where I go from super hardcore feels for people to anger over something. Geekerella by Ashley Poston actually got me to tear up recently, though.
2. What do you eat or drink while you read or write?
No! I don’t do either. I get so worried about dropping something or anything rubbing off on my precious books or computer when I’m reading/blogging. I don’t trust myself not to skip or smudge.
3. If you were in charge of making a soundtrack for a movie adaptation of a book, what songs would you choose, and which book would it be?
When I used to write, I would make soundtracks for my books…and then I realized I was kind of horrible at it and that after five hours, it wasn’t worth my time since nobody would ever read it. 😄 SO since I kind of suck, can I just cheat and say the book, Roseblood by A.G. Howard and the soundtrack would be Phantom of the Opera. 😉
4. What is one thing about book blogging you love and one think you wish could be improved?
The blogging community is seriously so amazing! I have met so many amazing people here, and everyone just gets it – the feels, the fangirling/fanboying, everything that not a lot of “real life” people don’t anyways get. One thing to be improved? Time. I wish there was more time for everything since it does take a lottttt sometimes.
5. What book is your most anticipated book that is releasing or has been released in 2017?
It always changes, and THERE ARE JUST SO MANY. Two of the ones that I’m begging for right now are: A Court of Wings and Ruins by Sarah J. Maas and I Believe in a Little Thing Called Love by Maurene Goo!
6. Out of all the books in your collection, which one do you prize the most?
Hmmmm…I do love all my books equally, but my first ever personalized book by an author I lovedddd (lol, actually ONLY one), was P.S. I Like You by Kasie West, so it’s kind of like the unicorn of my collection.
7. Who is an author that lives in your state (or country if outside the US) that you love his or her books or are looking forward to reading?
I actually don’t know of any authors that live in my state. D: Which probably explains the lack of epic events. Soooooo…for the U.S., can I say Marissa Meyer?? 😄 I’m just claiming it.
8. If you could travel back in time to meet any author and ask that person one question, who would it be and what would you ask?
Oscar Wilde! And I would ask, how do I even become close to be as witty as you? Because his wit is insanely amazing.
9. Who are some bloggers that you’d like to meet in person?
There are too many! I have met so many amazing bloggers out there in the blogsphere!
10. Do you have a favorite musical? What is it, and what are some of your favorite songs?
Does Phantom of the Opera count as a musical? I’mma say it is and go with that. 😄 “All I Ask of You” and “The Phantom of the Opera” are soooo amazing from it.
11. If you could live in any book world for a year, which book would you transport yourself to?
Princess of Tyrone by Katie Hamstead! I loved the combo of old school fairytale land and also super scifi. I would get the past and future at the same time…and some epic fairytale retellings.
Thanks so much to Kester again! These questions were so much fun. Since I just came up with 11 questions the other day for the Sunshine blogger award, I’m going to steal them again (since I still do have a lot of 11 question posts coming up), and then nominate some new people! I wouldn’t be doing 11 since there is a lotttt of posts I’m behind on and have to tag for that. 😄 As usual, feel free not to do it if you’re not interested if I tag you:
- If you had to sort your own personal library, how would you do it – color, author, another way?
- How important is a cover on a book for you?
- What made you choose blogging – not Youtube or etc. but blogging?
- What Princess (or Disney character) can you relate the most with? IF you don’t watch much Disney, what fictional character period can you?
- If you could only have one song as mood music to reading, what you choose?
- If you had to have your favorite meal – sans arugula of course – what would it be?
- Do you have a favorite time of year? If so, when is it and why?
- What was your last binge watch/read?
- What was your favorite story (folktale or fairytale maybe?) as a kid?
- Do you discuss books with anyone in real life?
- If you could meet your favorite author, who would it be and what one question would you ask them?
What do you think? What are some of your answers for this? Let’s discuss in the comments below!
Inej made it to the final round of Book Madness – trust me, I did not see that coming, and I can’t think everyone that helped her get there enough. You’re seriously the best, and maybe say hello to her again one more time? And then you’ll never have to have these weird little messages again for me at the end…at least about Book Madness…for this year. 😄 You can vote here for the final round, and check out my original post here. Thanks so much again!